The Cantor Digitalis synthesizer was initially developed to be optimally controlled with a graphic tablet, equipped with a stylus and a tactile function. If the tablet is not tactile, one tablet can be used with stylus only.
In the new version of our software, we added the possibility to control the synthesizer through the MIDI protocole. This allows to play the instrument with many different controllers, or by a predefined MIDI score.
If no tablets or MIDI interfaces are available, the mouse can be used to get an overview of the system.
System: Mac OS X version 10.6 or above
- For developers only: The Max patch (not the app) can be used on Windows without the graphic tablet. For instance, it is possible to use a MIDI interface and play Cantor Digitalis on Windows.
Graphic tablet: Wacom Intuos 3M, 4M, 5M, 5M touch, 3L, 4L, 5L; Intuos Pro Small, Medium, Large.
- The Wacom pilot available on this link has to be installed to prevent the software to crash.
- Other Wacom tablets have not been tested.
- Medium sizes seem well adapted providing a wide enough space for control but not too large preventing wide arm movements.
The software and the sources are available on our Github account and can be directly downloaded at the URL here.
The package contains:
- The applications for standard use
- The sources for developers
- The tablet layers
- The documentation
Version 2.0 (beta)
The new Cantor Digitalis version !
It is still a beta version, any remark, bug report would be highly appreciated !
The software is made of two parts:
- An application to get the data of the tablets plugged to the computer: CantorDigitalis-Tab, v1.1, 10/21/2014
- An application which contains the singing voice synthesizer: CantorDigitalis-Synth, v1.1, 10/21/2014
Don't forget to subscribe to the newsletter to be aware of updates, or to the forum list: see the Contact section.
What's new between CantorDigitalis 1.1 and 2.0?
- A new vocal fold model
- Better optimized and faster computation
- More natural vocal perturbations
- Finer vocal effort model
- Finer voice tension model
- Possibility to choose between chest/falsetto voice
- More variability in the vocal tract
- New formant databases (Indian classical singers, bass/tenor/soprano lyric singers, and Chinese opera singer)
- Possibility to load its own formant database
- Possibility to modify and save new formant values
- Integration of the MIDI protocole
- Compatible with any MIDI controller
- Read your own score
- Better usability
- All the vocal and sound configurations can be saved in presets
- While playing, spectrum, spectrogram and waveform can be displayed in real time
- Improvement of the graphical user interface
- A lot of bug fixes and minor improvements